NatCen Opinion Panel
The National Centre for Social Research (NatCen) offers you the chance to place questions on Britain’s longest-running probability-based panel. The NatCen Opinion Panel (or 'NatCen Panel') utilises a high-quality recruitment method that provides robust data from a representative sample at affordable prices, including under-represented groups and the offline population.
Whether you are evaluating a policy, conducting academic research, contributing to public debate, or lobbying for a cause, our NatCen Panel provides high quality data in a short timeframe.
Our probability-based approach to recruitment avoids in-built bias found in commercial online panels. It is inclusive of those unable to participate online and other under-represented groups which we are able to reach through intensive fieldwork effort. Find out more about what makes the NatCen Panel unique – read our article here.
How does it work?
- Data is collected online and over the phone over a one-month period
- Typical sample sizes of either 1,000 or 2,000 (up to 10,000)
- Covers adults aged 18+ years across the UK, with regional and other boosts available
- As little as two months from commissioning questions to receiving data
What do we offer?
- Expert advice on how to design your survey to best answer your research questions
- Clean and weighted data available in a variety of formats (e.g. Excel, SPSS, .csv etc.)
- Additional outputs to meet your needs: from analysis tables and significance testing to complex multi-variate regressions analysis and segmentations; from slide-decks to detailed reports
- Access to our analysis and policy experts