Taking part for young people
If you took part in a project or activity that is funded through the Opportunity Areas programme, you might be invited to take part in:
- One interview.
- One small group discussion with other young people from your area.
Interviews (up to 30 minutes) and group discussions (up to 1 hour) will be led by one of our researchers.
In the interviews and group discussions, we will ask you about:
- What you liked and didn’t like about the project or activities you took part in.
- What made it easy or hard to take part.
- What was helpful and unhelpful about the project or activities.
- What support you have received during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Do I have to answer all the questions?
Don’t worry – you don’t have to answer any questions you don’t want to, we can just skip on to the next one.
Why have I been selected to take part?
There are 12 Opportunity Areas in England. You have been asked to take part because you live in one of the Opportunity Areas and you have taken part in a project or activity funded through the Opportunity Areas programme.
What will happen to any information I give?
We will bring together the views of everyone who has taken part in this research into a report for the DfE. We won’t use any names, or any information that could identify you in any of the reports or presentations.
For more information on how NatCen will handle your personal information, please refer to the privacy notice.
You can contact the NatCen research team on 0808 168 0747 or at OAevaluation@natcen.ac.uk.