Taking part for Heads of Delivery
If you have been identified by the DfE as your areas’ Single Point of Contact (SPOC), we will invite you to take part in:
- Up to four interviews between you and a NatCen researcher, depending on your current role and involvement in the programme.
The first two interviews will take place at the start of the evaluation in November 2020 – there will be one interview for each of your areas, and the other two will take place in July-September 2021, again there will be one interview for each of your areas.
In the first round of interviews, we will ask you about:
- Your experience of the Opportunity Areas programme, including responses to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Key priorities, and what has worked well and less well in achieving them
- Planning and priorities for Year 4 (2020/21)
In the second round of interviews, we will ask you about:
- Local challenges and opportunities for CYP / what social mobility means for the OA
- Year 4 programme delivery – including key successes and challenges
- Twinning process
- Reflections on OA programme across Years 1-4 in their areas
- Views on place-based approach (what you see as place-based approach, benefits and challenges) / place-based factors affecting delivery (e.g. urban, rural, infrastructure, education landscape)
- Perceived impact of the programme and for whom – explicitly exploring impact on increasing educational outcomes and social mobility for CYP
- Expected longer-term benefits of the OA programme for locality/sustainability and how this will be achieved
What will happen to any information I give?
We will bring together the views of everyone who has taken part in this research into a report for the DfE. While we won’t use any names of individuals in the report, we will name the Opportunity Areas and as a result you may be identifiable in our reports or presentations. At the end of the discussion, you can let us know if you would be happy for us to include quotes or would like to have anything removed and not used in the analysis.
For more information on how NatCen will handle your personal information, please refer to the privacy notice.
You can contact the NatCen research team on 0808 168 0747 or at OAevaluation@natcen.ac.uk.