Freelance Survey Nurses/Midwives
Salary: On average £21 per hour with enhancements for working in certain metropolitan areas
Social and health research has the power to improve lives. As one of our Nurse Interviewers, you'll get to know this better than most. After all, when you're out in the community meeting new people and using your talents in a different way, you'll be helping to gather the research data that informs the social and health policies of the future.
You will work on a variety of research projects requiring nurse based biophysical data collection visits, usually, in people's homes. This Biophysical data collection will include some of the following:
- Administering a computer assisted interview which may ask questions around health and illness, education, housing, income, family, leisure and exercise, diet and nutrition.
- Undertaking physical measurements for example: Blood pressure; waist and hip circumference; height; weight and body fat percentage; grip strength; lung function; blood, urine, saliva and hair samples.
- Recording information on prescribed medication taken by participants.
The skills you'll need
We're looking for:
- Friendly and courteous people who like meeting others
- Good organisational skills
- A good standard of written and spoken English
- The right to work in the UK
- Current registration on the NMC register as a nurse or midwife with experience of taking blood samples in the last six months
- A full UK driving licence and access to a car
- You must be able to provide evidence of your current immunity levels to Hepatitis B, Rubella, Measles and TB
- Willing to undergo a DBS check (Disclosure and Barring Service)
In return we can offer
On average you can expect to earn around £21 per hour with enhancements for working in certain metropolitan areas. We'll discuss this in more depth with you if your initial application is successful. And, if you've other commitments, you'll be pleased to hear we offer very flexible working hours. Travel Time and Mileage is also paid when carrying out Nurse Interviewer work.
Application deadline: On-going
For more information, please contact Debbie Mari on firstname.lastname@example.org.